TheFulcrum.eu the first international portal for architecture commissions covering all European countries has now been relaunched. It remains free to all but with its new and expanded form it now covers thirty-nine European Countries. TheFulcrum.eu offers greater access and insights into public procurement and competition culture in Europe, contributing to improving construction culture across the continent.
The new easy to use TheFulcrum.eu homepage provides access to:
- The European legislation which applies, and which can be read in each countries operating language.
- The national flag links to the public procurement legislation of the country in question.
- Public procurement and competition portals for each country so they can be directly accessed and consulted.
- Competitions guidance, information and research publications from each country
- Links to architecture networks along with public and private organisations involved in public procurement and competitions in that country.
Never before has all this information about each of the 39 European countries been compiled, presented and made so fully accessible.
This project aligns with the European Ministers of Culture’s call in the Davos Declaration 2018, for development of a high-quality ‘building culture’ in Europe. TheFulcrum.eu has been created in close collaboration between ourselves (UK), Architectuur Lokaal (NL), A10 new European architecture cooperative (EU) and many partners in various European countries. The relaunched site further implements collaborations, analysis, research, findings and development scoped by Project Compass CIC, Architectur Lokaal, within the ‘European Competition Programmer Handbook:GreenArch project results‘, by the ‘Competition Culture in Europe Programme‘ and at International competitions gatherings held in Prague (CZ), Paris (FR), London (UK), Amsterdam (NL), Venice (IT), Chęciny (PL) and Vilnius (LT).
Additions and feedback are welcome.